Benefits of an Air Source Heat Pump

The Benefits of Air Source Heat Pumps

As more and more people look for more environmentally friendly ways in which they can improve their impact on the environment, it is understandable that attention should be turning, and rightly so, towards energy consumption.

Air Source Heat Pumps are renewable heating units that are fitted in place outside your property and offer a number of benefits to the consumer.

Energy bill savings

One of the most significant benefits to the consumer of changing to an Air Source Heat Pump is, of course, the saving that can be made on energy bills. This type of pump works by using the air outside the home in order to warm the water pipes, producing both hot water and heating – the system works regardless of what the temperature is outside the home. You might be worried that this type of system will not work to heat your home during the colder winter months, but in fact, it can continue to extract air even when outside temperatures are as low as -15c. Air source heat pumps use air in order to help heat your home and water. This renewable source is readily available, and better still, it is free.

This system also works a little differently to more conventional forms of heating, maintaining your entire home at a more comfortable ambient temperature throughout. This will also help to reduce your bills.

Carbon emission savings

Air source heat pumps are powered by electricity, but this only accounts for 25% of their energy use, the remaining 75% is provided by renewable energy sources. Unlike many more traditional forms of heating used to heat both your home and water, there is no gas involved. This is excellent news for the environment because it means a significant carbon emission saving can be made. To give a better idea of just how efficient air source heat pumps really are; for every single unit of electricity that the pump uses, 3 to 4 units of heat are produced in the average set up.

Renewable heat incentive

One serious concern that many people have when it comes to changing their energy is the costs that might be associated with the switch. However, anyone looking to install air source heat pumps for their home should be advised that they will be able to qualify for the Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI). This is a government-run initiative that offers those people who install the relevant system a financial incentive from the government. The incentive runs for a period of 7 years following installation. These payments are made quarterly and can be invaluable when it comes to helping offset the costs associated with the installation of the pump. So, if the price is the only thing putting you off changing to air source heat pumps, then there really is no reason it should.

Click to Apply in One Minute

More  Useful  Info